September 30/October 1: a review, report card if you will, of September.
How did I do? Let’s take a look. I’ll start with a comprehensive list of everything I wanted to work on and accomplish this month and what the desire behind it is. Then I’ll break them down to go over what worked and what didn’t. Keep in mind, all of these items stem from DESIRE, they are fueled by wanting something more, something bigger. I do this during my birthday month to set the stage for my next year of life.
- Set up an altar –> A desire for more spirituality and a great sense of connection in my life.
- Intentions for 31 –> To increase my sense of purpose over this next year.
- Hike with Chase –> Explore with the dog.
- Write and send postcards –> Stay connected, let people know they matter to you.
- Get clear on desires for birthday –> Manifest/plan a great day!
- Review my Chani Nicholas astrological report for the year –> Keep in mind that you’re made of the same shit as everyone else. What do the stars have in store for you this year?
- Make a list of conferences I would like to attend –> Explore what people are doing out there and see what events could be fun and help me expand.
- Explore Mama Gena’s School of Womanly Arts –> Explore my femininity, keep learning.
- Meditate –> Breath. Take space.
- Get a tarot reading –> Connect with the occult, explore fate and the way the cards fall.
- Get a massage –> Relax, self care.
- Mobility & stretching –> Take care of your body!
- Finish the guest room –> Create a nice space to host people, so satisfying to finish something.
- Research Spanish classes –> Get back on the language train, put a plan in place to succeed.
- Get a pedicure –> More self care, feel pampered.
- Do one meet up –> Explore Denver, explore communities, meet people.
- Get a new coaching client –> Keep talking to people and tell them what you are doing.
- Hang up art work –> Cherish your art, surround yourself with beauty and inspiration.
- Research meditation retreats –> Explore spirituality and how to deepen your practice.
- Prep for the Bachelorette party –> Take care of others, celebrate others, give to others.
- Thoughts on birthday celebrations –> Take care, celebrate, give, be open and grateful to receive. Share the love.
- Intentions for art career –> Understand where I am at and how I want to move forward.
- Make a doctors appointment –> Health! Vitality! Take care of yourself.
- Review journal –> Review, reflect, learn, grow.
- Missed this one… –> Oops.
- Tarot reading review –> Share your experience, connect, feel seen.
- Meet Up review –> Share your experience, resources for others, connect.
- Write a letter to yourself –> Learn. Grow.
- A book club –> Connect, learn, grow, challenge, interact, create a community.
- Happy Birthday Me! –> Celebrate! Share excitement.
- A review of all of this –> Resources. Reflect. Understand. Grow.
The desire that each of these represents is much bigger and more powerful than the individual task or idea. The underlying theme for me is living a more intentional life, which is another way of saying I want to walk my talk. I want to do things that I believe will be an expression of what I truly want: connection, love, health, learning, growth, etc.
Daily Practices: Report Card
- Meditate 19/30
- Stretching 19/30
- Write/Blog 27/30
- Money Check In 19/30
- Guest Room: 5/5 Done!
- Hang Art: 0/5 Shit.
- Bachelorette: 3/5, I’ll take it.
- Art Intentions: 1/5 = plenty! Wrote the post.
- Book Club: 2/5, created a book club and read a book. Win for me.
- Sleep In: 3/5, always wanting more.
Overall, I feel really good about what I have accomplished this month. Looking back, this month does feel infused with intention. There were items I didn’t think would happen, yet they came to fruition. Others, not so much. But it was an ambitious month that included travel for a wedding and two weekends with visitors. Plus, I’m only 6 weeks into living in Denver. This project has allowed me to feel more engrained at the house and in the city.
What have I learned?
Goals, list making, and intention setting are powerful tools that can create a surprising new reality. Making choices, whether actively or passively, is still making a choice. When you take responsibility for your choices, you choose both the thing you’re actually deciding on and all the consequences, positive and negative, of that path. So, be willing to step fully into your choices and watch them out, chances are there are some lessons to be learned along the way.
I am also learning that I tend to bite off more than I can chew. Setting realistic expectations for myself will help me feel more successful and like I have a better handle on all of my responsibilities. This month has really opened my eyes to the fact that I am swimming in abundance and I am surrounded by some of the most awesome people on the planet. Which is pretty damn cool. Knowing this, I feel more prepared to step into the life I desire and face the fears that come up along the way.
On that note, Hello October. =)
XOXO ❤ LB